Mega Civilization 9-10 Player Epic Game (6-10 hours)
Type:Open Board Game
Time(s):Saturday 9 AM-1 PM, 2 PM-6PM, 7 PM-11PM (One game 3 slots) Saturday 9 AM-1 PM, 2 PM-6PM, 7 PM-11PM (One game 3 slots)
Game DescriptionMega Civilization is a 6-10 hour Epic game fashioned off of the classis Francis Tresham Civilization.
The game sells itself as far as joining, if you're brave enough to spend your full Saturday playing and will NOT BAIL, sign up.
But Jack, you say, what am I doing? Why am I doing it? What should I be doing? Ah, no worries friend, we've got you covered. We'll go over everything on Saturday but things are pretty simple, generally speaking.
Rather than blast you with info I'll let you take a look at these links:
THIS IS A VERY GOOD RUN THROUGH OF A TURN AND HAS LOTS OF PICTURES. PICTURES ARE GOOD! PICTURES SPEAK THOUSANDS OF WORDS!
1) How a turn works: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/125362/expanded-sequence-play
What's that? You want to be blasted with words? Fine then!
Basically your turn works like this:
1. Collect taxes (two tokens per city you have into treasury) make sure you're not in revolt territory which is when you have nothing in your stock to turn into money!
2. Expand population (one chit gets one, two or more chits get two) and check census
3. Move your people and ships, pay for your ship upkeep (highest on the AST track goes first and so on)
4. If chits are in a place that starts a fight at the end of your turn, a fight starts (wow!) which involves whoever has the least tokens removing first and then the guy with the most until there's nothing left. Cities need at least 7 chits to be successfully attacked and THEN you can start killing each other. Destroying a city gets you a random trade good from the victim AND you can add up to 3 chits to your treasury)
5. Build your cities in areas that you've got enough people (six for good place, 12 for tough one) and keep in mind that you need at LEAST 2 chits worth of people PER CITY on the board to support each city... or else you have to reduce)
6. Collect trade cards (fewest cities first to most!) and then if you want, spend 15 bucks on a LEVEL 9 trade good (ooooh.... ahhhhh)
7. Trade your trade cards (at least three [or more] at time, you cannot show your goods EVER and you have to be honest about the FIRST TWO GOODS YOU SAY, which is why you have to be very careful about the order in which you and your trading partner are saying things! Remember, you're building SETS OF CARDS. It's better to trade stuff you don't have sets for to people who do if you get what you need. Sets sets sets! And it is usually worth getting a calamity IF YOU CAN BOOST A SET. )
8. Weep at the calamities you've collected and reap your dark rewards
9. Cash in trade cards and buy technology
10. Adjust AST track (this determines the game length, victory points, and turn order for certain things).
Again, don't sweat trying to remember these things, we'll go over it and they'll become quick and natural within a round or two.